Sunday 1 February 2015

Megadeth taking an old approach in music.


Alright, so today I figure Id like to discuss Megadeth's future in the Metal scene. I must say, albums like Cryptic Writing and Countdown was simply a disappointment to myself as well as many Metal fans out there. Though I didn't think that they sucked as much compared toMetallica's newer stuff, they were still pretty bad. In an interview, Dave Mustaine made it clear that the next album will be somewhere in the "Rust in Peace" era and to me that album was a godsend and it was and still is a Metal landmark, to me anyways. Mustaine made a bold statement and personally I hope that he will deliver.  He made it clear that this time, the material isn't going to be MTV or radio friendly because it was one of the causes that ruined the sound of Megadeth in the first place. How true is it? You be the judge. For me, I am just hoping that Mustaine will deliver in the upcoming album. Now as far as the band's new lineup goes, there has not been anything set in stone yet, just rumors. In a recent interview, Marty Friedman stated that although he is open to the idea of playing for Megadeth again, he is however not interested in doing so in the near future. How will this play out? What could the line up be? Will Dave Mustaine deliver? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment