Saturday 31 January 2015

Jay Z Buys Music Streaming Company, Aspiro For $56 Million



Now, I am not going into the details about the sale since that isn't my area of expertise. However, I am here to talk about the new age of how the music industry is starting to shift gears in how they would create a sustainable revenue. Now, me personally, I pay a $10 a month fee through Google Play to access almost all the music I listen to. With this, it has been really easy for me to get access to new albums and listen to them right away no matter where I am at. Now, for many this is still a debate since pirating music is still widely practiced around the world and trying to push paid subscription to stream music is going to be quite the battle since we are now phasing deeply into this technology and information era where this is a difficult business to profit from. But hey, its Jay Z we are talking about here, and I am pretty excited to see how to this new business venture will pan out. See, after having discussions about this topic for a while and reading a few articles here and there, I am starting to see that this might just restore the idea of making money through albums and not solely on concerts and etc. Because of copyright laws and online content control these days, I think this could be successful. But the question is, will people be willing to pay a subscription fee every month to listen their music? Will this soon phase out album sales? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment