Wednesday 14 January 2015

DMX New Album Review!



Alright, so for those who are unaware, DMX had released a new album on the 13 Jan 2015, Redemption of the Beast. Now, even before listening to this album, I have had numerous discussions with people about their anticipation for this new album. Now, many people seem to have very low expectations for the album. Well, my first impressions after listening is that it isn't anything we haven't heard from the man himself. It seem to have the typical "DMX" sound to it. To me, it seems that the mindset of the production was still stuck in the 90s. Nothing that stood out. Now, after listening to the album a few more times, I have came to a few realizations. The singing, when back up vocals were utilized, they were well implemented in the track, but when DMX sings as to oppose rapping, it wasn't very appealing to me. The beats itself, they were actually not too bad, I thought that they were rather well made. Swizz Beatz worked on this album as well. In this album, I saw that the production did make an effort to progress with the times in terms of how it all sounded but to me, it just brought me back to the 90s which I don't think it is entirely a good thing. One thing we know for sure, DMX isn't happy about this album simply for the fact that there are a good number of tracks that he did not want in the album. He and the label had conflicts over the track list in the album. Overall, Redemption of the Beast was alright, nothing I'd go crazy over. Leave your thoughts and comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment