Monday 16 February 2015

Does the Grammy awards mean anything anymore?





So, I figured I give my thoughts on what the Grammy's Awards USED to mean and what sort of significance it carried a decade ago and now. Lately, if many haven't noticed, many artist have expressed the way they feel about this award shows. In the year 2000, when an artist won a Grammy's, I felt like it meant something and to me, it was a big deal. Now, it seems that the award has lost its value since its just being handed out without properly assessing the talents that are out there in the industry. This is more like a "Why has Leonardo DiCaprio NOT won an Oscar's yet?" type situation. I think Snoop Dogg has made this pretty clear to the world through social media about this. In my most humble opinion, I feel that Grammy's Awards has officially lost its value today. I think awards like this are holding back real talent back and it definitely takes away the spotlight from real music.  When Macklemore has more awards than Kendrick Lamar, this begins to make me loose faith in humanity.




No comments:

Post a Comment